Hello Beautiful Souls,
I know it has been a while but I just feel I have to get this off my little chest. So these past couple months have had me on a mini roller coaster. One day I’m so immersed with my spirituality, and then the next week I allow the negative seeds the enemy planted in my head to grow. Then the next day I realize who I belong to, The Lord, and I snap back to believing God’s truth, then the stupid past knocks on my door and I forget everything I learned not to do. Can we say a headache and a complete emotional wreck? I will be the first to admit that life can be pretty stressful, IF YOU ALLOW IT TO GET TO YOU THOUGH. The world and how it views the way you should handle things these days does not help anything. When you become stressed with so much on your plate and trying to remain rooted in Christ, it can get hard and tempting when the world is promoting temporary satisfactions. I will admit that I have fallen for it so many times. There are times when I know I should be reading the bible to get answers, yet I will google my problems or look to superficial quotes, just to get the answer I want. Relationship problems, work related problems, dream meanings; you name it, I most likely googled it before going to God about it. Even social media can be a bit of hazardous if not used properly. Being that I am in my twenties, a lot of my fellow peers are experiencing life, traveling, getting married, having kids, moving into their new places, job promotions, etc. etc. and sometimes it makes me feel like I am missing something in life.
If we are not careful on social media, we can start to compare our lives to others and open the door for the enemy to have a field day.
What we see on these reality TV shows, on Facebook and Instagram is only what THEY want us to see. We are not witnessing their struggles or their day to day worries. They are only showing us the icing on the cake, not the ingredients it took to bake their pretty little cake. This world wants us to believe that we have to move at a fast pace or the next person will take our place but according to God’s Word we must not be anxious, we should wait on the Lord, live by His timing and pray for wisdom so we know when to move. Moving outside of God’s timing or thinking we can do it all on our own, will have us absolutely nowhere but lost. Sometimes we need to unclutter our judgments and refocus on what really matters… Jesus.
Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Every once in a while it is healthy for us to take a break from certain things, mostly “worldly things”, to clear our minds and make sure we are on the right path. We can get so caught up in chasing dreams, relationships, and temporary satisfactions that we miss God’s voice telling us to: “slow down child”… “Take this turn”… “Let them go”… “Call this person, check up on them”… “It’s time to step out on faith”… “Yes”… “No”… Etc. etc. but how can we hear Him or even ourselves if we are so filled with this world and everyone else’s reality? There comes a time when you just have to renew your mind, with God that is possible. Check out of social media, gossip blogs, toxic friendships/relationships/situations, and check in to YOUR REAL LIFE to make sure you’re good. Come back with a new perspective, clearer mind, a smarter heart, new knowledge, a finished business plan, a list of new goals, and closer to God. Take time to see what God wants from you!
Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will, of God.”
Ways and Tips to checking out of the world:
- Unplugging from social media for a time limit that suits you. (If you cannot completely unplug, try limiting your time.)
- Start a new self-help book. Visit your local library if you are on a budget and start feeding your brain.
- Fast for a time limit that suits you. This will help you get closer to God. You may even get a lot of revelation from Him now that your mind and life isn’t cluttered from the world’s distractions.
- Get back into your bible studying or start a bible study.
- Meet up with friends/family and enjoy life.
- Get to know you and enjoy YOU by getting back into hobbies or secret goals/dreams you’ve always wanted to accomplish.
- Seek God FIRST, before going to your friend, mother, mentor. Take your questions and worries to God. Cut the middle man and see how God can directly speak to you.
- Treat yourself out for a chance with no distractions and just enjoy the moment.
A couple of updates:
- Soon and very soon we will be starting our weekly newsletters via email. If you haven’t already SIGN UP here and you will be added to our Newsletters List.
- I have created a YouTube Channel to bring my posts to life as well as having fashion talk/videos. Once I finished beautifying it I will place a link where you can subscribe to there to.
- Connect and follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@BrittanyLaVell), and facebook (facebook.com/brittanylavell), for frequent inspirational words.
- I am open to guest posts and/or collaborations on BABS. Email me if interested or for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.