“You just never know what is on the other side your obedience”
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
Lately I have been having the desire to truly study my bible in a way that I never have before. I mean really study, not just for a quick word to share on an Instagram post or long Facebook status or even a quick build me up scripture, but to study the stories and history and develop a new understanding on The Word. I honestly have no idea what God is doing, and it’s to the point that I know it is a strong desire of God’s for me. So all I have is my faith to motivate my obedience to fulfill God’s will for my life even if that means putting my plans and desires on hold. I know God has a plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11), and He knew me before I was in my mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5), so who am I to stop the process God intended for my life to fulfill my purpose? At first I was a little skeptical and lazy and questioning God but then I realized that there is more to learn and I can never get stagnant in my walk with God. So if studying the Bible deeper is what God wants me to do, then I will do it. My next issue was exactly how? So after speaking with my cousin and pastor, and praying I realized I just have to do it and start wherever I am led to. Again, I have no idea why I have this desire, I may have a slight clue, but I know it will be used at some point in my life. I am saying all of this because most people think God will always lead them to BIG THINGS, such things that will promote them in life and their status like: starting a business, a ministry, their own church, marriage, quitting a job to go full-time somewhere.
Most times we are all for those types of seasons and commands because we view it as an elevation in life and hey who wouldn’t quickly obey God telling them to quit their job that they hate so much or start their own ministry or that they are ready for marriage? However God wants to make sure we are prepared for such big life promotions and seasons, so God will also lead us to “small things”, which is considered big in God’s eyes, but to us seems uncomfortable like:
- Leading you to intern at a business so you will gain experience for the business God wants you to run one day.
- Leading you to a season of just studying your word so you will be filled and fruitful in the ministry He has for you. (John 15:4-5)
- Leading you to pray more especially for others, even those who have hurt you so that you can become that praying warrior He’s called you to be.
- Leading you to turn down dates from people and not entertaining anyone so you won’t become distracted as He continues to prune and heal you internally. He wants to make sure you are whole and won’t carry excess baggage to marriage, when the time comes. Embrace your single season sister! Or brother! I’m right there with you 🙂
- Leading you to serve under someone else in THEIR ministry/church in preparation so you can learn what it really means to care for other souls, do Kingdom work, and maybe learn what to do and not do when He gives you the green light to become a leader of your own church.
- Leading you to soften your heart to your manager and make amends with nice treatment with your (rude, demanding, mean) manager, so that when He does lead you to resign there will be no animosity or burned bridges.
- Leading you to forgive that person who cheated on you so that you will not go around another day with bitterness.
- Leading you to a break from social media, so that He can remove the clutter and you will be able to clearly hear the answer to the prayer you have been praying for the longest.
Whatever it is that seems small or uncomfortable to you that you believe God is leading you to do, God has a reason behind it all. Remember that God isn’t going to throw you into anything until you are prepared and ready because God is a God of order and He knows you, He knows your heart and what you are able to manage. He wants to make sure everything you touch will produce good fruit and much fruit! Today stop running away from your process. Your journey will not be like anyone else, so instead of comparing your seasons and assignments to others, focus on the Lord and what He wants from you. You never know, you just never know what is on the other side your obedience, and delayed obedience is disobedience, so obey God and trust in Him not leaning on your own understanding. That is what the theme of this post will be, I was thinking what scripture to theme this post, and it literally just came by typing. I hope you were blessed by this post and I pray God places a burning desire in you to want to do what He desires of you. It will all make sense one day. Trust Him. He loves you, I love you. Be blessed. 💜
❤ xoxo Brittany La’Vell
HEY! A couple of updates!!!
- Have you signed up to the weekly newsletters yet? If not don’t worry you still can by subscribing anytime to the site and you can even check out old newsletters sent by visiting here: Building A Beautiful Soul EDevotionals.
- I have my first published post with Whole Magazine, a popular uplifting Christian community, I would love for you to check it out :). It’s titled “Are You Holding Back from God?“
- I have created a YouTube Channel which includes encouraging vlogs and beauty/hair chit chats. Visit and Subscribe!
- I am starting a new thing in the month of August, I want to start doing monthly themes for the things I post to help keep things interesting and me consistent lol. So stay tuned and subscribe to stay updated.
- That is all for now 🙂